If you’re serious about maintaining your health or losing weight, you need to invest in a serious cross trainer. That’s exactly what Xterra offers with its Free Style 5.8e cross trainer. With a myriad of resistance levels, incline levels and built-in workout programs, this is an elliptical that supports all fitness levels.
We had the pleasure of taking this cross trainer for a test drive, and we were happy to say that the 5.8e lived up to its name – and price tag.
- Numerous resistance levels and incline levels for challenging workouts – even at the advanced level.
- Pulse sensors built-into the handlebars, so you can ensure that your workouts are efficient.
- Generous stride length to accommodate users of all heights.
- Built-in speakers and audio jack, so you can listen to your favorite music whilst you exercise.
- Built-in fan keeps you cool during your workout sessions.
- LCD panel is blue backlit, so it’s easy to read.
- Console displays speed, RPM, time, calories, pulse and distance.
My Xterra Free Style 5.8e Review
With 20 resistance levels and 20 incline levels, this is one of the most advanced cross trainers we’ve tried. It’s a bit on the large side, but the built-in wheels make it slightly easier to move it around. We were impressed by how simple assembly was, and how sturdy the machine is. But be aware that you will need someone to help you haul the box in and put the machine together.
We had no issues with assembly, but one other user did note that the instructions did not account for the covers on the handlebars, so be sure to take care of this step. Otherwise, you’ll need to take them apart, install the covers, and reattach.
As for performance, the Free Style 5.8e is brilliant. There are 13 programs built into the console, so you can vary your workouts. The 20 resistance and incline levels also make it easy to boost your workout as your fitness level progresses.
The 50.8cm stride length makes it easy for both tall and short users to get a great workout. The Q-Factor distance (distance between the pedals) of two inches also makes for a more natural feel when you exercise.
There are built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars, and the console allows you to track all of your most important workout stats: calories burned, distance, time, pulse and RPM. On the handlebars, you’ll find controls for the incline and resistance levels, so you can easily change them whilst working out without interrupting your flow.
Two great things about this cross trainer: a built-in cooling fan, and audio features (audio jack and speakers). Now, you can stay cool and listen to your favorite music during your workouts.
Xterra Free Style 5.8e Features
- 20 digital resistance levels; 20 incline levels
- 8cm stride length
- 3kg flywheel
- 5” LCD display
- 13 built-in workout programs
- Pulse sensors
- Cooling fan
- Built-in speakers and audio jack
- Maximum user weight: 181.4kg
The Xterra Free Style 5.8e is one of the best cross trainers we’ve reviewed, and although it costs more than most models on the market, its performance, durability and resistance/incline levels justify the higher price.Click here to learn more about the Xterra Free Style 5.8e Cross Trainer.